Hiya friend. Come with me as we do a Jesus-focused study of the first 2 chapters of the book of Hebrews!
The book of Hebrews is one that I have always been very curious about. I find that it contains some of the most foundational teachings about the Christian faith, especially as related to God’s “new covenant.” If you are interested in understanding the tenets and doctrinal truths of Christianity, you will find Hebrews very resourceful.
In this article, we will be sweeping through Hebrews 1 & 2 but only with the intent of learning what the Bible says about Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is the Son of God. God is Jesus’ father.
- Jesus is God.
- Jesus is the radiance of God’s glory – the exact representation of the being of God the Father.
- God created the universe through Jesus the Son.
- Jesus laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens in the very beginning.
- God appointed Jesus as the heir of all things.
- Jesus sustains all things by His powerful word.
- Jesus sits at the right hand of God the Father in heaven.
- Jesus is much superior to the angels.
- Jesus’s throne/reign will last forever.
- The scepter of His kingdom is a scepter of justice/righteousness.
- Jesus loves righteousness and hates wickedness.
- Jesus is anointed with the oil of joy.
- Jesus will remain even after everything created is gone.
- Our salvation was first announced by Jesus.
- Jesus is the author/pioneer/source of our salvation.
- God put all things under Jesus’ control.
- Jesus, while on earth, was made fully human in every way.
- The reason why Jesus was made human is so that He could become a merciful (empathetic) and faithful (worthy) high priest on behalf of humans unto God.
- As human, Jesus suffered temptation.
- As human, Jesus suffered death.
- By his suffering of temptation, Jesus is able to help others who are being tempted.
- By his suffering of death, Jesus destroyed the devil’s hold on death, and is able to free everyone held captive by the haunting fear of death.
- Through the grace of God, Jesus experienced death on behalf of everyone.
- Jesus was made perfect through the things He suffered.
- Jesus, because he was fully human, is able to make peace with God for the sins of people.
- Through Jesus’ death, God is able to bring many sons and daughters (people who were previously lost in sin) to glory.
- Jesus is now crowned with glory and honour.
- It is Jesus who makes people saved and holy.
- Jesus is proud to call all those who experience his salvation, his “brothers” and “sisters.” (“Siblings.” “Family.” 😊)
PS: Woow, that is a lot of solid information! Feel free to go over any line that appeared new/unfamiliar, as many times as you need to. If you found a rather complex concept, I encourage you to hang in there. By the time we go through a few more chapters on ExcellerBlog, you might find just what you need. In addition, this may be the sign that you need to do a personal, thematic study of the book of Hebrews, lol. I, for one, think that the writer of Hebrews has excellent teaching and communications skills. Ideas are explained repeatedly, and the illustrations are superb. We are in for a fantastic ride!
I pray that as we find these gems about Jesus from the scriptures, the truths will make their way from our heads to our hearts; from our eyes to our minds and spirits. It will help us fix our gaze on Jesus the author of our faith, and make us fall in love with Him even more.
See ya soon! ❤